Monday, April 28, 2014

Black forest Ham and Swiss Sliders with mustard poppy seed topping

 
 
This past weekend I threw a baby shower for my good friend. The food turned out delicious and I wanted to share the menu with you. My next few posts will be dedicated to some of the best dishes I have found to share at your next party or family/friend get together... hope you enjoy!
 
Recipe: Black forest Ham and Swiss sliders
Recipe source: Emmy in her Element

2 packages Hawaiian sweet rolls (white or wheat are both delicious!)
1 package deli ham (I used black forest from Costco)
Swiss Cheese sliced (Jarlsberg is always my favorite swiss)
 
Poppy seed topping:
1 stick melted butter
1 teaspoon Worcestershire
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 tablespoon poppy seed
 
Slice the tops off of the rolls and set aside. Add 1-2 slices of black forest ham, and 1 slice of Swiss cheese on top. Replace tops of rolls and add the sandwiches to a cookie sheet close together. Prepare topping by whisking together ingredients and spoon over the tops of the rolls. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and let the topping set while the oven warms. Cover rolls with tin foil and place in oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is all melted. Remove the foil for the last 2 minutes of baking time to crisp up the tops. Serve warm.
 
 
 
I imagine this recipe could be played around with as far as fillings go... maybe turkey and Swiss or cheddar? Gouda.... oh my!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips