Monday, July 20, 2015

Oh Darling, lets be adventurers

I love adventuring with my family. While my husband was in school, we would find fun and inexpensive activities to take our children to do so that we didn't suffer from the "we're on a student budget and can't go anywhere" blues. I am so thankful for those times... because of them, little things are big things to us and our kids. They get so excited when we load up in the car and take them to explore in nature, on a hike or to a new place.
This weekend we were able to explore a new and stunning place we have never been.
Bloomington Lake!  I could hardly take in the beauty!
If you are looking for a fun and family friendly adventure with your crew, I highly recommend visiting here. Bring life jackets and swing off the rope swing into the lake, or pack a picnic and enjoy the scenery from the edges of the lake.
 It is heavenly.




















We relaxed in the raft and paddled around the lake to take in all of its beauty.








Benson always brings me a bouquet of wild flowers when we explore.




On our way back home we drove through Paris city, Idaho.  I saw the most beautiful little old homes and run down structures with shabby paint and amazing architecture. The homes had the sweetest character I just had to photograph some of them.

The Paris city tabernacle, owned by the LDS church.

Some cute homes I loved.

And last of all, this beautiful old gal. Shaun and I think it must have been an old school house.
I was absolutely smitten.



 This was one of the most beautiful and fun days of my life. A simple adventure enjoying the beauty of the earth. It can be found anywhere if you just open your eyes and look for it.

Today was sweet, and I was reminded that you do not have to spend a lot of money to have a fun and beautiful adventure.
Get outside and explore!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips