Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pumpkin Cheeseball and Severed Witch fingers- A sweet and GOOLISH treat!

 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Here are a few treats I made today, for the special occasion.
They're easy, fast and super YUMMY!
These recipes also work well if you are planning a get together in a hurry.
At the end of the post is a quick and simple centerpiece I made today as well.
 
First I will start with my Cream cheese and bacon cheese ball.
 
 
 
Recipe:
 
1 8 oz package of cream cheese chilled
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
2 cups of cheese (I used a mix of cheddar and pepper jack)
a pinch of cayenne powder
1/2 teaspoon creamy horseradish
1/4 cup Hormel bacon bits.
 
 
Mix all ingredients together and form into a ball. Use wax paper to help you form it if the ball is too sticky. Put the ball into the fridge to chill and harden back up. Then after it has chilled, take a butter knife and make slices down the edges of the ball to resemble a pumpkin. Add a celery stock and leaf to the top for the stem.
Serve chilled with crackers, carrots, celery and any other veggies or snacks you prefer. 
 
 
 
 
Next recipe is a fun one I found on the food network here for severed witches' fingers.
This recipe is super easy, super cute, and super fast!
 
 
 
Recipe:
 
Dry ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
whisk together.
 
 
Wet ingredients:
Cream together 1 stick of butter and 1 cup of sugar.
Add 1 room temperature egg
and 1 teaspoon vanilla
 
Add the dry ingredients in two batches.
Mix well.
 
Take a tablespoon of the dough and form it into a finger (bread stick shape). Make an indentation with your thumb at the end of the finger, and add a slivered almond on top.
 
Take a paring knife and cut about 3 quarters of the way down into the dough. Make a few lines that resemble a knuckle.
 
 
Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool fully and then dip in a little bit of warmed up raspberry or strawberry jam.
 
 
 
I also made a little table centerpiece that was fast and simple and very inexpensive!
Here's how I did it...
 
I started by trimming a few branches from a tree in my yard. I had a half empty can of black spray paint in my basement so I thought there was no better time to use it!
Spray paint the branches black and let them dry. Then add them to a mason jar filled with candy corns and tie a colorful ribbon around the neck.


 
 
 Have a very SPOOKY DAY!
 
post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips