Monday, December 16, 2013

Homemade egg noodles... they're easier than you think!


 

 Today I woke up feeling a bit low on energy and like I might be catching the inevitable winter cold that we all take our turn enduring this time of year. After taking care of all of my Motherly responsibilities and getting my house in order, I decided I was going to make myself a nice warm pot of chicken soup and take some time to be lazy this evening. Homemade soup is easy, and Ill promise you one thing... it tastes 100,000,000 times better than canned or fast food soup.
You know what else is really easy to make? Homemade egg noodles to go with it. I swear there is nothing more delicious than biting into a tender homemade noodle that has soaked up all of the delicious flavor of your chicken broth.
 
I hope you will give it a try, I promise you will never go back to store bought again ;)
Here's to surviving the Christmas season, and ALL that comes with it!
 
Recipe:
2 eggs
2 tablespoons oil (olive or vegetable)
1 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons of water
2 cups all purpose flour
 
Mix together and knead on your countertop until dough is smooth and springy.
Roll out to about 1/8th inch thickness.

Make sure and sprinkle plenty of flour on your countertop. You don't want your noodles sticking!

Take a pizza cutter and cut small noodles (they will puff up in the soup so don't make them too big!)
 
Toss into boiling broth and let them boil for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
 
Note: I made 1/2 this dough recipe for my soup today that will serve 4 people and it is plenty! Make the recipe above for larger portions if necessary.

 
 



 
 
Would you like my recipe for the soup to try out your noodles? GO HERE
post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips