Sunday, May 25, 2014

Cheddar bacon vegetable dip

I love making beautiful food. What I love even more than that, is sharing it. I remember when I was little, my family loved watching the Utah Jazz play. I would always be in the kitchen slicing and dicing and making some kind of snack for us to enjoy during the game...for me, that was the best part of it. I would spend so much time placing the fruit on the dish in a way that the brightest colors played off of each other and so it looked as pretty as it tasted.
I guess I have never outgrown that passion, and even today I love adding creativity and art to my makes.
Today I am sharing our family's very favorite veggie/cracker dip. It was passed down from my Grandma, she used to make it every holiday we would spend together. It is so packed with flavor and SOOO delicious. I promise you will never make anything but this for your next veggie platter. This dip is also an amazing baked potato topper or dip for hot wings.
 You are going to love it!
 
 
Recipe: Cheddar bacon veggie dip
Recipe source: Emmy in her Element
 
1 pound 16 oz sour cream (we like daisy)
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Hidden Valley Ranch packet powder
1/4 cup Hormel bacon bits
1 1/2 cups medium or sharp cheddar cheese
3/4-1 teaspoon creamy horseradish (you can start out small and add more if you like the bold flavor!)
 
Mix ingredients together and serve with vegetables, crackers, pretzels, or on a baked potato as a topper. Keep chilled.
** Note: I served my dip today in 3 hollowed out green peppers just too add some creativity. I added a little bacon, cheese and chive straws from my HERB GARDEN on top for garnish. My veggie platter consists of cauliflower, sweet peppers, olives, celery and carrots. If you are making this for a large crowd, you can double the recipe for dip and serve it in a hollowed out eggplant to look pretty!
 
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips