Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Chicken and lemon broccoli alfredo

Dear friends, as you have probably noticed I have been away for a few weeks! Oh my goodness between all of our family birthdays in October, a new photography class, Halloween, trunk or treat party planning and setting up for the holidays I have sadly missed out on one of my favorite things, posting creations and sharing with you.
A few weeks ago on my Instagram account I made a goal to cook dinner every night for an entire week. The goal also included making meals we had never tried before (since I tend to make the same ol' thing over and over). Luckily with your encouragement each day I was able to keep this goal with the exception of one day! I am really excited to share one of my favorite and most interesting combination of flavor dishes with you. It is healthy, fast and surprisingly delicious!
 
On another note, if you would like to see my second blog I created to share pictures I have taken since I started my photography class, go here. 
 
 

Recipe: Chicken and Lemon Broccoli Alfredo
Recipe source: Better Homes and Gardens
 
4 6 oz skinless, boneless chicken tenderloins
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 lemon (I used 3-4 slices or less as it is potent)
8 oz fresh mushrooms (we loved baby Portobello's)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-2 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 10 oz container refrigerated light Alfredo pasta sauce
Hot cooked pasta linguine (optional)
 
 
In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Half mushrooms and sauté in pan for a minute or two. Add chicken tenderloins and cook about 5 minutes until browned. Toss mushrooms so they brown; turn chicken once. Add broccoli and lemon slices to skillet. Cover and cook about 8 minutes or until chicken done. Add Alfredo sauce by the spoonful to the skillet (I only used 1/2 to 3/4 of the jar) and heat through. Serve over pasta if desired.  -This recipe is gluten free as long as GF noodles are used-
 
*Even though my picture shows spaghetti (because my two year old spilled the linguine all over the floor) I would recommend using linguine pasta for this recipe.
 
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips