Wednesday, November 27, 2013

How to make an inexpensive, easy and beautiful Thanksgiving Centerpiece

 
 
If you are spending most of your time today cooking away trying to prepare for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, you probably don't even have time to think about decorating the table.
I have a super fast solution for you that will make your table look festive for the Holiday and take only take you a few minutes to put together.
 
I always love using nature in my centerpieces. I think it adds so much because whatever you are using is "in season" at that time i.e.: flowers in summer, apples for fall, acorns, sticks from a tree, pine cones.... whatever you have.
I happen to have a friend with a chestnut tree, and I heard her mention that she has to pick up all of them off of the lawn before she can mow. I said "let me come pick them up!"
I gathered a small bag full and went on my way. If you don't have a friend with a chestnut tree though, it's ok! You can buy them in bulk this time of year at the grocery store.
 
I clipped a few branches from a pine tree (they smell so good) and used a red candle for the center. Its just one I had in my basement going unused. You could use white candles in a bunch, or some of those pretty faux candles that look half melted already, with a flickering light.
 
Use a big plate or dish to hold your chestnuts, and place the candle in the center. Surround the candle with the pine branches, and cut an orange into three slices. Add whole cloves in them for scent and a touch of prettiness!
Voilà!
A cheap and simple centerpiece that adds a punch of Holiday flare to your table!
 
 
  xoxoxo
post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips