Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Barefoot Contessa's Lemon Yogurt pound cake

 
 
This week I was craving some kind of lemon-poppy seed deliciousness so I looked up a few recipes and decided on this one. I was so pleasantly surprised, I had to share it with you.
I substituted a few things according to my own likes (and what I had in the cupboard) and the result was a delicious moist lemony pound cake. I barely had enough time to snap a pic before my family attacked the tray full of sliced up heaven.
Hope you enjoy it!
 

 Recipe:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt                                                   
    1 cup plain yogurt ( I USED SOUR CREAM)                                                  
    1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
    3 extra large eggs                                                  
    2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated (zest of 2 lemons)
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract                                                   
    1/2 cup vegetable oil                     
    1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
    (I ADDED 1 teaspoon of POPPY SEEDS)
 
 
Glaze topping:
Powdered sugar
lemon juice
 
Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Grease an 8 1/2 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.

In a different bowl mix yogurt or sour cream, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest and vanilla.
Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet, adding it in 3 parts to allow the wet to slowly absorb the dry ingredients.
Once mixed, use a spatula to fold the vegetable oil into the batter.
Pour the batter into your greased pan, and bake for about 47-50 minutes. Toothpick test to make sure it is cooked through. 
    Allow the cake to cool completely before glazing.
    TO MAKE THE GLAZE:
    Mix the lemon juice and powdered sugar together and spread over cake.
    Recipe adapted from Here.
  
 
 
 
post signature

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips