Monday, March 17, 2014

Make your own CONFETTI Cupcakes

 
 I don't know about you but even in my adult age I think confetti cupcakes are super fun and cute and so exciting to get or give to someone for a birthday.
Today I stumbled upon Sally's Baking Addiction and found these darling little confetti cakes that she made from scratch... yep that's right! No store box cake needed!
It seems like a no brainer but you can actually add the sprinkles to your batter to make the confetti, and they melt in as they bake so you are not crunching your way through... This recipe is fluffy and moist and I liked it so much I wanted to share it with you.
 
Recipe Homemade Confetti Cupcakes:
Recipe source: Sally's baking addiction
 
1 and 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt or sour cream
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup sprinkles (I USED 1/4 and it was plenty!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In another bowl, melt butter and then stir in sugar. Let cool for a moment and add milk, egg, vanilla and sour cream or yogurt. Slowly combine dry ingredients until mixed. Batter will be thick.
Stir in sprinkles JUST UNTIL COMBINED. If you stir too much all of the dye will leak off into your batter.


Add to 12 cupcake liners and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until toothpick tested done. Makes 12 cupcakes.

Let cool and frost with my favorite buttercream frosting {I think almond pairs best with these cupcakes}




You will excuse me now so I can enjoy a cupcake before they are all gone :)

 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I just made these yesterday to bring to a friend for his birthday and they are seriously the best Funfetti cupcakes I’ve ever had! They were a HUGE hit and I will definitely be saving the recipe as my go to recipe.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips