Monday, October 6, 2014

DIY Halloween burlap banner

 
Happy Halloween month! Isn't fall the best?
I love this beautiful printed burlap from Joanne's Fabric. They have a great sale going on right now so scoot over and getcha some.
I am going to show you how to make this simple no-sew burlap banner to add to your Halloween décor, or to display at your party that night!
 
Supplies: Halloween burlap banner
Source: Emmy in her Element
 
I purchased 1/2 yard of 5 fabrics, and it made several banners. If you are just making one, you could get away with 1/4 or even 1/8 of a yard of 4 or 5 different burlap fabrics.
If you are choosing several with prints, make sure and get at least one solid to break it up!
Ribbon of your choice or twine
Scissors
Hot glue gun and sticks
 
To make a pattern triangle for my burlap flags, I cut up a folder I had in my junk drawer. Let this be the pattern to cut out each of your flags so that they end up being the same size. If I tried to free hand it, they would not be uniform.
 
Cut up your fabric paying attention to the placement of your patterns if there is writing (right side up).
 
Glue triangle flags to the back of your ribbon and add twine on the ends to hang, or you can glue the flags to the twine as well.
 
 
 






You can usually find a coupon for Joanne's online but if not, try Retailmenot.com it's one of my favorite places to find coupons!
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips