Monday, May 18, 2015

Raspberry rhubarb delight

Comfort food at it's finest, with a twist. My original rhubarb crisp recipe is from my Grandma, the flavors are tart with a sweet crispy crunch from the oat and brown sugar topping.
I planned to make this recipe for my brother on his birthday, but when I noticed I was out of a few of the ingredients, I improvised and realized that I loved the result so much I had to document it! 
If you have some guests coming for dinner, this dessert is a sure crowd pleaser.
It was a special compliment to me when my brother walked in and said "Hmmmm it smells so good in here Em, it smells like Grandma's house"...
Recipe: Raspberry Rhubarb Delight
Recipe source: Emmy in her Element
Ingredients:
{fruit}
2 bags frozen chopped rhubarb
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries spread throughout rhubarb

{filling}
2  cups granulated sugar
2 1/2 cups water
3 heaping tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons vanilla
{crumble topping}
1 cup white all purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 cube) room temperature butter
1 cup quick oats
pinch of cinnamon
In a 9x13 pan, place rhubarb and raspberries.
Prepare filling by mixing sugar, water, corn starch and flavoring in a medium saucepan. Whisk ingredients together until combined and THEN turn up heat to med-high and bring mixture to a boil. Boil until mixture is bubbly and thick, coating your spoon. (3-5 minutes)
Remove from heat and pour over rhubarb and raspberries.
In a bowl mix butter, oats, flour, and brown sugar until combined and crumbly. Spread over the top of the rhubarb mixture.
Bake in a 350 degree (F) oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Let cool 10-15 minutes before eating.

STRAWBERRIES CAN ALSO BE USED IN THIS RECIPE IN PLACE OF RASPBERRIES!

 


post signature




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips